We have our own Water Kefir grains in stock for you to buy and start fermenting your own to make the most amazing health drink. All purchases come with full instructions. Water kefir is made from kefir grains, also known as sugar grains, tibicos, tibi, or Japanese water crystals. It is a combination of healthy probiotic bacteria and yeast held together in a matrix composed of a complex polysaccharide. It is one of the best dairy free probiotic sources available. The microbes feed on sugar and produce lactic acid, alcohol (ethanol), and carbon dioxide, yielding a fermented carbonated beverage. The alcohol content is usually very minimal, less than 1 %. The culture will keep multiplying as long as you take care of it and it’s only a one time purchase for a lifetime supply of probiotics. Benefits of drinking water kefir and using it on your skin. Drinking Water Kefir can help you to achieve your optimal health, strengthen your immune system, and help to prevent diseases of all kinds. Most importantly, it restores good digestion – the key to health and longevity. When your body is out of balance, unfriendly opportunistic bacteria and yeasts can take over – producing irritable and bad digestion, food allergies, headaches, flu, skin rashes, and other more serious disorders. Water kefir is something you and your family can drink and use on your skin every day.
- Inhibits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and yeasts, and helps beneficial probiotic microorganisms to colonize and thrive in your digestive tract, and throughout the rest of the body (skin, eyes, bladder, vagina, nose, throat, etc).
- Contributes to a healthy immune system.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Helps with the digestion of food and micronutrients. The KEY for health and longevity is good digestion, and a balance of good bacteria is the essential starting point.
- Heals, or reduces the symptoms irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) including bloating, indigestion, flatulence, diarrhoea/constipation, nausea, low energy, muscle aches and pains.
- Heals intestinal dysbiosis and SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth).
- Increased energy and overall feeling of good health.
- Can stop unhealthy food cravings, especially for sugars and sweet foods.
- Skin complexion and overall condition improves. Brown liver spots/ age spots can fade, as can skin tags, moles, warts etc. It can ease or cure many skin conditions, such as psoriasis, eczema and acne.
- Hair and nails look healthier, and are strengthened and improved.
- Liver cleansing, as in traditional Chinese medicine, thus easing aches and joint pains, and benefiting the eyes.
- Glandular ( endocrine) system (adrenals, thyroid, pituitary, ovaries) benefits. Women have healthier periods; some women have periods start again after early menopause.
- A tranquillizing effect on the nervous system has helped many who suffer from sleep disorders and insomnia, depression, ADHD and autism.
- Kefir grains produce right-rotating L(+) lactic acid, which is an important constituent of the human body. In addition, right-rotating lactic acid may help maintaining healthy functioning of the heart. According to some researchers, the cells of the heart muscle obtain their energy primarily from right-rotating lactic acid.By the fermentation process kefir becomes an excellent source of vitamin B12, and is high in vitamins B1 and B6.Diabetics, in particular, could greatly benefit from drinking kefir. Since the finished product, if bottled, will produce a carbonated beverage, it provides an alternative to sweet soda drinks. In that sense, anyone from children to adults can enjoy water kefir guilt-free.
Water Kefir provides: BENEFICIAL BACTERIA Species Lactobacillus L. brevis L. casei L. hilgardii L. hordei L. nagelii Species Leuconostoc L. citreum L. mesenteroides Species Acetobacter A. fabarum A. orientalis Species Streptococcus S. lactis BENEFICIAL YEASTS Hanseniaospora valbyensis Lachancea fermentati Saccharomyces cerevisiae Zygotorulaspora ﬂorentina